|the front view|
This has been a long and complicated project. But I took it slow, paid attention at each step of the way, and always tried to do my best. I think all the work and concentration paid off because I’m quite happy with the end product.
I call it “WildWood Abode.” I would like to continue with similar pieces – fantastical woodland abode gourds with fairies – and perhaps create a series. This was really a lot of fun and a creative challenge.
What I liked best about the process is that it wasn’t pre-planned and flowed smoothly. Of course I had an initial concept, but that was about it. One part simply led to the next step. The biggest surprise for me was the mulberry bark skirt. I would never have thought of it, but as I was looking for something else, I ran across this piece of bark that I ordered from a silk fiber supply place on a lark and lo and behold! it found a perfect use.
|one side – I really like the fern!|
I’ve commented at various steps along the way, so it’s time to just let the photos speak for themselves.
|the back – I think the name plaque is
an important quality touch.
|the other side – the little hole
lets you peek inside.
|the inside with the roof top removed – here you can
see the three rabbits, the fairies legs, and the
|here’s a close-up of the fairy – hmmm. She needs a name.
How about “Sylvianna,” a somewhat fancy name
using a root from the Latin meaning “forest.”