Inching Along

Today I didn’t get to work on this as much as I’d have like to.  But I did manage to finish the textured garden floor with three rounds of masking and glazing.  Then I removed the mask from the entire painting.  At that point I could see that the contrast within the texture on the garden floor was too pronounced so I added another glaze layer to tone it down.  Then it was on to the dried leaves.  I didn ‘t come anywhere close to finishing them, but I made a good start.

Aside from various compositional problems and things not fully thought through (no value sketches) – I wish I had done my initial outlining on the leaves and flowers with green rather than brown.

As Carel predicted, the acrylic paint is flowing beautifully on this Strathmore illustration boad.  It’s pretty easy to get even washes and the absorbency of the surface seems just right.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s