I added several layers of dilute soft-body acrylic washes, building up the color bit by bit. In the end, I rather like this little painting, but I have nearly totally lost the drawing that I worked so hard on. And I did not achieve the look I wanted – of a tinted drawing.
This little painting was to be a prelude to a class on pairing graphite and acrylic but I ended up not taking the class. It would have been pretty expensive as I would have had to travel. And I thought I ought to be able to figure out that particular combination of media. And I still think that goal should be within my grasp, but I certainly didn’t achieve it here.
So, back to the drawing board, so to speak!