I made this little polymer clay rabbit cabochon a few evenings ago. My intention was to create a master that I could make a mold from because I’d like to try making some ceramic pendants to sell on Etsy. If they worked out, I might invest in a small kiln that fires hot enough for stoneware and porcelain. But in the meantime I’ll work in regular ceramics and fire them at the local store.
Although I was happy with the sculpting effort, I didn’t really like the piece that much until I added the antiquing. The white finish just needed something more.
I probably should have made the mold before I antiqued it, but maybe it’s actually better this way. Perhaps the molding material would have left a bit of residue which would make it difficult to get the antiquing (I used oil paint) to stick. Don’t know.
I balk at parting with anything I make, but I just listed this piece on Etsy. If I get around to using it in some bead embroidery before it sells, I’ll just unlist it.