I may rename this cat Maeve. Elfwyn would have Anglo-Saxon costuming and I’m not sure that this cat’s costume will turn out to fit that bill. So her name will have to wait a bit.
Today I worked more on painting her head – about 4 hours, I’d say. And here she is. I got a bit tired of painting tiny lines with my 00 liner, but I’m dedicated to detail! I may need to darken some parts but I’ll wait on that until I have her paws painted too and then I’ll make final adjustments to everything.
This paper clay, sprayed with workable fixative, makes a wonderful painting surface. The acrylics glide right on.
As I painted her I noticed more and more that the symmetry is off here and there. But I think that’s OK. After all, human faces are not perfectly symmetrical and they’re more interesting for it.