Aelfwynn now has a body and is all ready for her clothes. Unfortunately, I’m not quite ready for the clothes as I’m still awaiting some vintage fabrics I ordered from Etsy and I still have decisions to make.
Nonetheless, here she is. Her body is cotton broadcloth stuffed with regular ol’ synthetic stuffing. Three wires are going through her body – one for the left leg and arm, the second for the right leg and arm, and the third for the neck/spine/tail. The wires are not attached to each other. Her feet are glued onto the wires with two-part epoxy glue. I’ve stopped using hot glue for a couple of reasons. First, I can’t seem to control the strings and I often end up with a mess. But also I’ve had glue joints fail after a year or so – unacceptable!
I’ve wrapped her arms and legs with strips of felt for bulk. They won’t show when she’s dressed.
Her tail is wool felt which I sewed to her body at the base, then began stuffing and stitching together from the tip upwards. I painted the markings on it with Jacquard Textile Paints.
The neck of her cloth body is tightly gathered around the groove in her neck so her head can turn.
I haven’t glued the front paws on het. I’ll put the sleeves on first in case they aren’t wide enough to slip over the paws.