I forgot to take a scan after the watercolor pencil layer, but this is what is looked like with the watercolor pencil and then some regular colored pencil over that.
To apply the watercolor pencil – that is, the water that you use with it – I had to first spray the graphite with workable fixative. Sometimes I have problems with water sticking to it and this was one of those times. This shows itself especially in the mottled background. But two coats subdued the mottles somewhat and then a bit of colored pencil helped even more. I’m not unhappy with it because I knew it would probably happen and I think it’s kind of interesting.
Then I applied more workable fixative because of the colored pencil.
The final step was to add a bit of acrylic paint. I added it around the eyes and a bit here and there to intensify the colors in the fur. But mostly I used it for the sheer layers of the clothing. I also used Daler-Rowney white acrylic ink in a crow quill pen for the netting work on the sleeve.
I think she’s lovely.