Every ram has a good ewe, and now mine does too!
She’s smalerl than the ram, but still about as big as I’d go sculpting from a solid piece and then hollowing her out.
I tried yet another tool for the fur. This time I used a #1 bamboo knitting needle and scratched tiny spirals and squiggles. The scratching pulled up quite a lot of clay bits. Some of them fell off and some of them stuck. The ones that stuck, I gently pushed into the clay trying to make sure they stayed on because they make the fur look rougher. I don’t know how many will stay on through the bisque firing. But if they do, the edges should be softened by the layers of glaze. I’m eager to see how it turns out.